- This Webinar was originally broadcast on:
- April 13, 2012 Enroll Now
- Watch and listen to the original one-hour Webinar in its entirety. This Webinar recording features the full presentation led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty including Q&A from the audience and resources from the presenter.
- Advanced Twitter for Journalism
- Originally Broadcast On:
- April 13, 2012
- Time Estimate:
- One hour and 15 minutes
You can purchase individual Webinars in this series or you can purchase a Webinar Pass giving you discounts on five or all eight Webinars.
In this virtual classroom, participants can join in a seminar led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty. This screencast includes live audio and a slideshow presentation in which participants can post questions and respond to poll questions posed by the host.
Twitter is an amazing platform for sharing real-time information. Information can make its way from a single Tweet anywhere in the world in seconds. The world has never seen anything this fast or this efficient.
The reality is the platform is constantly changing. This Webinar will walk you through the most important things you need to know ranging from security to tools to best practices and tips.
What Will I Learn:
- Tools that Twitter recommends for journalists
- Preventative security steps you can take to protect your account from being compromise
- Insight around best practices for using Twitter as a tool: to source information and to develop breaking news
Who Should Take this Course:
Managers, editors, reporters and freelancers distributing news using Twitter.
Erica Anderson (@EricaAmerica) is a member of Twitter’s content team. She recently launched Twitter for Newsrooms and focuses on helping journalists and news organizations use Twitter as a tool to find sources faster, tell stories better, and build bigger audiences. Prior to Twitter, Erica worked as Katie Couric’s digital strategist at CBS News. She has also worked as a citizen journalist for MTV and as a top-rated CNN iReporter.
This Webinar contains audio. Please adjust your headphones or speakers.
We strongly suggest viewing our Webinars with a wired connection.
- Flash Player - Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 or higher
- Browsers - Mozilla Firefox 2 or higher; Safari 2 or higher; Google Chrome (any version)
Windows users can also use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Bandwidth - 256Kbps (512Kbps recommended)
Some networks, especially those that use a proxy server, may encounter difficulty connecting to our Webinar software. If this is your first Poynter NewsU Webinar, please test your connection.