- This Webinar was originally broadcast on:
- September 11, 2012 Enroll Now
- Watch and listen to the original one-hour Webinar in its entirety. This Webinar recording features the full presentation led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty including Q&A from the audience and resources from the presenter.
- Photojournalism for Non-Photojournalists
- Originally Broadcast On:
- September 11, 2012
- Time Estimate:
- One hour for the main presentation and questions. Sometimes presenters stay longer to answer additional questions from participants.
You can buy individual Webinars in this series or you can purchase the entire series of five Essential Skills for the Digital Journalist for just $119.95.
In this virtual classroom, participants can join in a seminar led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty. This screencast includes live audio and a slideshow presentation in which participants can post questions and respond to poll questions posed by the host.
Struggling to create compelling photographs for your site or publication? Strengthen your photographic reporting. Improve the visual quality and news content with this one-hour Webinar about photojournalism fundamentals.
You'll learn how to capture a powerful image even if you're using a cellphone or point-and-shoot camera. At the end of the Webinar, you'll walk away with composition tricks that will improve your visual eye while you're out on any assignment.
This Webinar is part of the Essential Skills for the Digital Journalist Webinar Series. Learn more about the entire series of five Webinars and how to get a discount when you buy the entire package.
Who Should Take this Course:
Anyone making the transition into digital storytelling. This includes journalists in print and broadcast newsrooms, entrepreneurs, freelancers, bloggers and educators who need to become familiar with these skills.
Kenny Irby is Senior Faculty/Visual Journalism and director of diversity at The Poynter Institute. He founded Poynter's photojournalism program in 1995, and he teaches and consults in areas of photojournalism, leadership, ethics and diversity.
This Webinar contains audio. Please adjust your headphones or speakers.
We strongly suggest viewing our Webinars with a wired connection.
- Flash Player - Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 or higher
- Browsers - Mozilla Firefox 2 or higher; Safari 2 or higher; Google Chrome (any version)
Windows users can also use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Bandwidth - 256Kbps (512Kbps recommended)
Some networks, especially those that use a proxy server, may encounter difficulty connecting to our Webinar software. If this is your first Poynter NewsU Webinar, please test your connection.