- Key Elements to Compelling Video Storytelling
- Originally Broadcast On:
- September 10, 2012
- Time Estimate:
- One hour for the main presentation and questions. Sometimes presenters stay longer to answer additional questions from participants.
You can buy individual Webinars in this series or you can purchase the entire series of five Essential Skills for the Digital Journalist for just $119.95.
In this virtual classroom, participants can join in a seminar led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty. This screencast includes live audio and a slideshow presentation in which participants can post questions and respond to poll questions posed by the host.
- This Webinar was originally broadcast on:
- September 10, 2012 Enroll Now
- Watch and listen to the original one-hour Webinar in its entirety. This Webinar recording features the full presentation led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty including Q&A from the audience and resources from the presenter.
How do you get started with video storytelling? Let Darren Durlach, a three-time winner of the Ernie Crisp National Photographer of the Year award from NPPA, show you how to capture your first stories with confidence.
This one-hour Webinar is all about video storytelling basics. You're learn the key steps in the video process, simple methods to capture the video and audio you want in the field, plus ways to edit your recordings into a cohesive storytelling video piece.
This Webinar is part of the Essential Skills for the Digital Journalist Webinar Series. Give us an hour a day--and in one week we'll change the way you think about storytelling in digital platforms. Learn more about the entire series of five Webinars and how to get a discount when you buy the entire package.
Who Should Take this Course:
Anyone making the transition into digital storytelling. This includes journalists in print and broadcast newsrooms, entrepreneurs, freelancers, bloggers and educators who need to become familiar with these skills.
Darren Durlach is senior multimedia producer for The Boston Globe. Previously, he was a senior photojournalist at WBFF-TV in Baltimore, Md., and he has won the Ernie Crisp National Photographer of the Year title three times. After winning more than 80 other national and regional awards, including 11 Emmys and two b-roller of the year awards, Darren credits his success to the countless hours his colleagues and mentors have spent sharing their knowledge with him.
This Webinar contains audio. Please adjust your headphones or speakers.
We strongly suggest viewing our Webinars with a wired connection.
- Flash Player - Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 or higher
- Browsers - Mozilla Firefox 2 or higher; Safari 2 or higher; Google Chrome (any version)
Windows users can also use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Bandwidth - 256Kbps (512Kbps recommended)
Some networks, especially those that use a proxy server, may encounter difficulty connecting to our Webinar software. If this is your first Poynter NewsU Webinar, please test your connection.