- This Webinar was originally broadcast on:
- October 27, 2011 Enroll Now
- Watch and listen to the original one-hour Webinar in its entirety. This Webinar recording features the full presentation led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty including Q&A from the audience and resources from the presenter.
- Twitter for Broadcast Producers and Reporters
- Originally Broadcast On:
- October 27, 2011
- Time Estimate:
- One hour for the main presentation and questions. Sometimes presenters stay longer to answer additional questions from participants.
In this virtual classroom, participants can join in a seminar led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty. This screencast includes live audio and a slideshow presentation in which participants can post questions and respond to poll questions posed by the host.
There is a deep resonance between Twitter and television. Join us in this one-hour Webinar and explore ways journalists, station executives and others can effectively incorporate Twitter in newscasts and other broadcasts.
Learn when (and when not) to add Twitter to your on-air content, and how you can build a TV-specific Twitter strategy using hashtags and live-Tweeting.
Twitter’s Robin Sloan will share data that demonstrates the Twitter-TV connection that can help increase your Twitter engagement and possibly boost your ratings.
What Will I Learn:
- How to put simple, effective Twitter cues on air
- The power of the hashtag call-out
- The principles of TV live-tweeting
- How to “surf” on big televised events
Who Should Take this Course:
Broadcast news producers, reporters and station executives involved in building an on-air Twitter presence, as well as social media coordinators who want to learn more about Twitter and broadcasts.
This Webinar contains audio. Please adjust your headphones or speakers. We strongly suggest viewing our Webinars with a wired connection.
- Flash Player - Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 or higher
- Browsers - Mozilla Firefox 2 or higher; Safari 2 or higher; Google Chrome (any version)
Windows users can also use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Bandwidth - 256Kbps (512Kbps recommended)
Some networks, especially those that use a proxy server, may encounter difficulty connecting to our Webinar software. If this is your first Poynter NewsU Webinar, please test your connection.