Building Strong, Profitable Relationships with Digital Audiences
- Building Strong, Profitable Relationships with Digital Audiences
- Originally Broadcast On:
- March 10, 2015
- Time Estimate:
- One hour for the main presentation and questions. Sometimes presenters stay longer to answer additional questions from participants.
In this virtual classroom, participants can join in a seminar led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty. This screencast includes live audio and a slideshow presentation in which participants can post questions and respond to poll questions posed by the host.
- This Webinar was originally broadcast on:
- March 10, 2015 Enroll Now
- Watch and listen to the original one-hour Webinar in its entirety. This Webinar recording features the full presentation led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty including Q&A from the audience and resources from the presenter.
Publishers and journalists' ability to connect directly with readers has never been greater, given the digital revolution. Yet news companies are just beginning to harness the rich, raw power of that publisher/reader readership.
Media analyst Ken Doctor outlines relationship Newsonomics, the why and how of using analytics to both revolutionize our understanding of the business and our community connections.
Please note: This Webinar starts at 11 a.m. Eastern Time
What Will I Learn:
- How and why to focus on your best, most loyal readers
- Why analytics is moving to the center of our businesses (and why we should welcome this)
- How to compete in the face of the Google/Facebook duopoly
- How to plan for your news site as more than a one-size-fits-all product
Who Should Take this Course:
Decision-makers, on the business and editorial sides of the business.
Ken Doctor is an analyst with a ringside seat at the greatest story ever told about the global news media industry. Fully employing more than 35 years of experience across a wide range of media, he’s become a go-to speaker, press source and consultant for legacy and emerging press around the world, talking about emerging Newsonomics.
He writes regularly on the business of media change for Harvard’s Nieman Journalism Lab and for Capital New York. He also contributes to CNN Money and Politico.
This Webinar contains audio. Please adjust your headphones or speakers.
We strongly suggest viewing our Webinars with a wired connection.
- Flash Player - Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 or higher
- Browsers - Mozilla Firefox 2 or higher; Safari 2 or higher; Google Chrome (any version)
Windows users can also use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Bandwidth - 256Kbps (512Kbps recommended)
Some networks, especially those that use a proxy server, may encounter difficulty connecting to our Webinar software. If this is your first Poynter NewsU Webinar, please test your connection.
You can watch our Live Webinars on your iPad with a free Adobe Connect app. To watch Webinar replays, your iPad must be able to view Flash media players. The Live Webinar experience on your iPad is very similar to watching it from your computer. You can watch the video, follow the presentation, respond to polling questions, ask the presenter questions and participate in any discussion forums.
Download the free Adobe Connect app from iTunes here. To access the live event, click on the "Join Live Event Now" button on the Webinar landing page. The virtual room will automatically load.
To watch the replay from your iPad, you'll have use a different app from Live Webinars. Browse and download an app from iTunes that allows your device to view a Flash video player. There are multiple apps to choose from, some are free with ads and there are others for purchase.