Diving Deep into Google Trends
- Diving Deep into Google Trends
- Originally Broadcast On:
- April 16, 2015
- Time Estimate:
- One hour for the main presentation and questions. Sometimes presenters stay longer to answer additional questions from participants.
In this virtual classroom, participants can join in a seminar led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty. This screencast includes live audio and a slideshow presentation in which participants can post questions and respond to poll questions posed by the host.
- This Webinar was originally broadcast on:
- April 16, 2015 Enroll Now
- Watch and listen to the original one-hour Webinar in its entirety. This Webinar recording features the full presentation led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty including Q&A from the audience and resources from the presenter.
Here's your step-by-step guide on using Google Trends, a tool that gives you insights into what people are searching for on Google.
In this Webinar, you'll learn how to connect the dots between what happens in the real world and how people search for information online. You'll learn how to help your content connect with your audience, and you'll learn how to gain new insight into your audience.
Please note: This Webinar included screen-sharing. For the optimal viewing experience with the replay, you should have top-tier broadband or fiber.
What Will I Learn:
- What is Google Trends
- How it can help to connect people to the information produced
- Better understand your audience
- Improve your search
Who Should Take this Course:
Reporters, editors, producers and anyone who wants more insight into ways to reach their audience.
LaToya Drake is a spokesperson and media/marketing manager at Google. She is a tech industry insider who provides television and radio commentary on news, social media and pop culture trends across the Web. She has appeared on a wide range of national and local programs including The TODAY Show, CBS Early Show, CNBC, CNN American Morning, HLN, FOX News, ABC News and Good Day New York. She previously worked with Waggener Edstrom as an account manager for Microsoft, managing national broadcast, consumer product launches and marketing integrations for Windows, Windows Phone and Surface.
This Webinar contains audio. Please adjust your headphones or speakers.
We strongly suggest viewing our Webinars with a wired connection.
- Flash Player - Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 or higher
- Browsers - Mozilla Firefox 2 or higher; Safari 2 or higher; Google Chrome (any version)
Windows users can also use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Bandwidth - 256Kbps (512Kbps recommended)
Some networks, especially those that use a proxy server, may encounter difficulty connecting to our Webinar software. If this is your first Poynter NewsU Webinar, please test your connection.
You can watch our Live Webinars on your iPad with a free Adobe Connect app. To watch Webinar replays, your iPad must be able to view Flash media players. The Live Webinar experience on your iPad is very similar to watching it from your computer. You can watch the video, follow the presentation, respond to polling questions, ask the presenter questions and participate in any discussion forums.
Download the free Adobe Connect app from iTunes here. To access the live event, click on the "Join Live Event Now" button on the Webinar landing page. The virtual room will automatically load.
To watch the replay from your iPad, you'll have use a different app from Live Webinars. Browse and download an app from iTunes that allows your device to view a Flash video player. There are multiple apps to choose from, some are free with ads and there are others for purchase.