Build and Monetize Reader Relationships with Parse.ly: A Digital Tools Tutorial
- Build and Monetize Reader Relationships with Parse.ly: A Digital Tools Tutorial
- This $29.95 Webinar is free thanks to the support of the American Press Institute and Knight Foundation.
- Originally Broadcast On:
- February 19, 2015
- Time Estimate:
- One hour for the main presentation and questions. Sometimes presenters stay longer to answer additional questions from participants.
In this virtual classroom, participants can join in a seminar led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty. This screencast includes live audio and a slideshow presentation in which participants can post questions and respond to poll questions posed by the host.
- This Webinar was originally broadcast on:
- February 19, 2015 Enroll Now
- Watch and listen to the original one-hour Webinar in its entirety. This Webinar recording features the full presentation led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty including Q&A from the audience and resources from the presenter.
Making good decisions in your newsrooms, decisions about all aspects of your organization, requires that you understand your audience. Knowing why someone comes to your site can help influence story selection, Web development and even help you identify new opportunities for generating revenue. Getting to know your audience starts with asking questions about them.
Parse.ly provides digital publishers with clear audience insights to answer questions about how readers are responding to content.
What Will I Learn:
- Four questions you should be asking about your audience
- How to create a workflow that helps all various departments use the same data differently
- How to start conversations with your team to help them get comfortable with data
- A demo on how to answer those questions using Parse.ly’s new analytics dashboard
As a bonus, all webinar attendees will get a copy of Parse.ly’s guide to digital-first publishing for editors.
Who Should Take this Course:
Editors, reporters, developers, data-analysts, social media editors, marketers, executives and anyone producing content for the Web.
Clare tells Parse.ly's story to the world. She spent five years on the publishing side as the Director of Marketing and Online Operations at Greentech Media. Previous to that, she did digital marketing and business development at ThePoint.com, the precursor to Groupon, and Venus Zine. Originally from Ohio, she graduated from the University of Virginia with a degree in Environmental Sciences.
This Webinar contains audio. Please adjust your headphones or speakers.
We strongly suggest viewing our Webinars with a wired connection.
- Flash Player - Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 or higher
- Browsers - Mozilla Firefox 2 or higher; Safari 2 or higher; Google Chrome (any version)
Windows users can also use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Bandwidth - 256Kbps (512Kbps recommended)
Some networks, especially those that use a proxy server, may encounter difficulty connecting to our Webinar software. If this is your first Poynter NewsU Webinar, please test your connection.
You can watch our Live Webinars on your iPad with a free Adobe Connect app. To watch Webinar replays, your iPad must be able to view Flash media players. The Live Webinar experience on your iPad is very similar to watching it from your computer. You can watch the video, follow the presentation, respond to polling questions, ask the presenter questions and participate in any discussion forums.
Download the free Adobe Connect app from iTunes here. To access the live event, click on the "Join Live Event Now" button on the Webinar landing page. The virtual room will automatically load.
To watch the replay from your iPad, you'll have use a different app from Live Webinars. Browse and download an app from iTunes that allows your device to view a Flash video player. There are multiple apps to choose from, some are free with ads and there are others for purchase.