The Fundamentals of Digital Advertising Sales
- This Webinar was originally broadcast on:
- August 27, 2015 Enroll Now
- Watch and listen to the original one-hour Webinar in its entirety. This Webinar recording features the full presentation led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty including Q&A from the audience and resources from the presenter.
- The Fundamentals of Digital Advertising Sales
- Originally Broadcast On:
- August 27, 2015
- Time Estimate:
- One hour for the main presentation and questions. Sometimes presenters stay longer to answer additional questions from participants.
In this virtual classroom, participants can join in a seminar led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty. This screencast includes live audio and a slideshow presentation in which participants can post questions and respond to poll questions posed by the host.
In today’s newsroom, a strong digital advertising strategy is necessary to support quality journalism.
Digital advertising is also an important part of the ecosystem that allows communities and businesses to grow together. Businesses provide income for news organizations, who provide not only news but also connections to businesses that serve the community. News organizations must be strategic about their powerful digital platform in order to work symbiotically with businesses and the community.
By the end of this webinar, you will have a deeper understanding of the value of digital advertising to the reader, advertiser, newsroom and communities you serve. You will also walk away with a formatted worksheet to connect the dots between audience growth and revenue.
What Will I Learn:
- The role advertising plays as part of an overall content strategy.
- How to develop strategies to grow audience in specific ways to support business objectives.
- An understanding of various digital advertising options and pricing models, their pros and cons.
- How customers measure success from digital advertising.
Who Should Take this Course:
Anyone who wants to broaden their understanding of how digital advertising can support content strategy, audience growth and revenue to fuel the newsroom.
Tina Dyakon is Poynter’s ad director and leads the effort to bring relevant and meaningful advertising content to Poynter’s digital audience. Her previous work highlights an extensive digital sales and product development background.
1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor (or equivalent) for Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1
512MB of RAM (1GB recommended) for Windows 7 or Windows 8
Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10, 11; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
Adobe® Flash® Player 11.2+
1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor
512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
Mac OS X 10.7.4, 10.8, 10.9
Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
Adobe Flash Player 11.2+
Bandwidth - 1.5 Mbits/sec up and down. We strongly suggest viewing our Webinars with a wired connection.
Some networks, especially those that use a proxy server, may encounter difficulty connecting to our Webinar software. If this is your first Poynter NewsU Webinar, please test your connection.
This Webinar contains audio. Please adjust your headphones or speakers.
You can watch our Live Webinars on your iPad with a free Adobe Connect app. To watch Webinar replays, your iPad must be able to view Flash media players. The Live Webinar experience on your iPad is very similar to watching it from your computer. You can watch the video, follow the presentation, respond to polling questions, ask the presenter questions and participate in any discussion forums.
Download the free Adobe Connect app from iTunes here. To access the live event, click on the "Join Live Event Now" button on the Webinar landing page. The virtual room will automatically load. Viewing recorded Webinars on iOS devices is not currently supported.