- This Webinar was originally broadcast on:
- March 03, 2010 Enroll Now
- Watch and listen to the original one-hour Webinar in its entirety. This Webinar recording features the full presentation led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty including Q&A from the audience and resources from the presenter.
- Mobile Media 101: Producing News with Your Smartphone
- Originally Broadcast On:
- March 03, 2010
- Time Estimate:
- One hour
This Webinar is $9.95 for members of NABJ. Watch your member e-mail to get details about the discount.
In this virtual classroom, participants can join in a seminar led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty. This screencast includes live audio and a slideshow presentation in which participants can post questions and respond to poll questions posed by the host.
Award-winning producer and new media expert Amani Channel shares tips, tricks and techniques that every journalist should know in this age of smartphones and digital media. You’ll learn how to livestream video from your phone to the Web, break news using Twitter, and how to syndicate your content across social networks.
Channel will also explain how to build your online brand through social media and how it can help you stay viable during these tough economic times.
NOTE: This Webinar is $9.95 for members of NABJ. Watch your member e-mail to get details about the discount.
What Will I Learn:
- How journalists are using smartphones to create news content
- Smartphone applications every journalist shouldn’t be without
- How to livestream video content directly from your phone to the Web
Who Should Take this Course:
Reporters, photojournalists, bloggers and others who want to know the tips and techniques you need to cover news in the age of smartphones and digital media.
Amani Channel is a Telly award-winning producer and expert in traditional and new media. He is the content manager at Public Broadcasting Atlanta for the www.lensonatlanta.org social community. He is also the founder of a consulting, new media production company called Visual Eye Media. You can follow him on Twitter at @urbanreporter or @visualeyemedia.
This Webinar contains audio. Please make sure you've got your headphones and speakers adjusted.
For the best experience, we suggest that:
- PC users use Internet Explorer or Netscape/Mozilla/Firefox
- Mac users use Netscape/Mozilla/Firefox or Safari
- You set your monitor resolution to 1024 x 768 or higher
- You use a high-speed connection