Using Analytics to Drive Website Success
- This Webinar was originally broadcast on:
- April 18, 2013 Enroll Now
- Watch and listen to the original one-hour Webinar in its entirety. This Webinar recording features the full presentation led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty including Q&A from the audience and resources from the presenter.
- Using Analytics to Drive Website Success
- Originally Broadcast On:
- April 18, 2013
- Time Estimate:
- One hour for the main presentation and questions. Sometimes presenters stay longer to answer additional questions from participants.
In this virtual classroom, participants can join in a seminar led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty. This screencast includes live audio and a slideshow presentation in which participants can post questions and respond to poll questions posed by the host.
It's easy to get lost in numbers. Should you pay attention to page views, visits, monthly unique visitors, Facebook likes, Twitter referrals, search keywords, direct-load traffic, bounce rates, or what? Or are you even unsure what all those terms mean? This Webinar will help you to frame your thinking around your organization's goals.
What Will I Learn:
- What all can you measure?
- Creating key performance indicators: tracking what matters
- Interpreting the data for your organization's understanding
- Creating strategies -- Where do you get the biggest bang for your buck?
- Hint: SEO.
Who Should Take this Course:
Journalists and others who are involved in audience growth and engagement.
John Schlander is digital general manager at the Tampa Bay Times and its website, tampabay.com, and adjunct faculty at The Poynter Institute. He leads efforts to connect content, audience and commerce. He serves on the newsroom’s Senior Editors Group, the Advertising Senior Management Team and the Digital Operating Team. His responsibilities include tampabay.com's user experience, audience development, SEO and analytics.
This Webinar contains audio. Please adjust your headphones or speakers.
We strongly suggest viewing our Webinars with a wired connection.
- Flash Player - Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 or higher
- Browsers - Mozilla Firefox 2 or higher; Safari 2 or higher; Google Chrome (any version)
Windows users can also use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Bandwidth - 256Kbps (512Kbps recommended)
Some networks, especially those that use a proxy server, may encounter difficulty connecting to our Webinar software. If this is your first Poynter NewsU Webinar, please test your connection.
You can watch our Live Webinars on your iPad with a free Adobe Connect app. To watch Webinar replays, your iPad must be able to view Flash media players. The Live Webinar experience on your iPad is very similar to watching it from your computer. You can watch the video, follow the presentation, respond to polling questions, ask the presenter questions and participate in any discussion forums.
Download the free Adobe Connect app from iTunes here. To access the live event, click on the "Join Live Event Now" button on the Webinar landing page. The virtual room will automatically load.
To watch the replay from your iPad, you'll have use a different app from Live Webinars. Browse and download an app from iTunes that allows your device to view a Flash video player. There are multiple apps to choose from, some are free with ads and there are others for purchase.