Writing Online Headlines: SEO and Beyond
- Writing Online Headlines: SEO and Beyond
- Self-Directed Course
- Time Estimate:
- 1 hour
About Self-Directed Courses
In a self-directed course, you can start and stop whenever you like, progressing entirely at your own pace and going back as many times as you want to review the material.
What Will I Learn:
- How to write SEO-friendly headlines
- How search engines work
- What to include—and leave out—of web headlines
- How to choose the best keywords
- Strategies for handling headlines when SEO and traditional newsroom guidelines collide
- Tools for researching the effectiveness of your headlines
- Common pitfalls that make your headlines less likely to be read -- or clicked
"Writing Online Headlines" is part of our SEO and Online Headlines training package, which includes this course and the Webinar replay of Writing Headlines for the Web. You can purchase each e-learning module individually or buy the SEO training package here.
Who should take this course:
Editors, copy editors, producers and other online publishers who want to learn more about SEO.
Eric Ulken is assistant managing editor, digital, at The Seattle Times. Prior to joining the Times, he spent two years traveling, teaching and consulting on topics related to online journalism. Before that, he was editor for interactive technology at the Los Angeles Times, where he founded the paper’s data desk, a cross-functional team of developers, designers and reporters responsible for producing data-driven journalism projects.
Flash Player 9 or higher