- This Webinar was originally broadcast on:
- September 14, 2012 Enroll Now
- Watch and listen to the original one-hour Webinar in its entirety. This Webinar recording features the full presentation led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty including Q&A from the audience and resources from the presenter.
- Developing Your Social Media Voice
- Originally Broadcast On:
- September 14, 2012
- Time Estimate:
- One hour for the main presentation and questions. Sometimes presenters stay longer to answer additional questions from participants.
In this virtual classroom, participants can join in a seminar led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty. This screencast includes live audio and a slideshow presentation in which participants can post questions and respond to poll questions posed by the host.
A key part of social media credibility for both news organizations and journalists' personal brands is tone – the steady and reliable voice that bolsters your professional expertise.
"Developing Your Social Media Voice " will show you how to find the right tone and how to get the most out of it. You'll learn the importance of being genuine and when to use your social media presence for maximum relevance.
What Will I Learn:
- How listening can help you find your voice
- How to develop your voice for the best impact
- Tips to take back to your newsroom or personal brand
Who Should Take this Course:
Writers and others looking to develop their own voice and genuine tone in social media platforms.
Responsible for opening pathways between the Chicago Tribune newsroom and the communities it covers, James Janega manages the Trib Nation blog, writes on Page 2 of the newspaper, conducts monthly community conversation working lunches on coverage topic areas, and in general makes it easier to connect with the Chicago Tribune.
This Webinar contains audio. Please adjust your headphones or speakers.
We strongly suggest viewing our Webinars with a wired connection.
- Flash Player - Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 or higher
- Browsers - Mozilla Firefox 2 or higher; Safari 2 or higher; Google Chrome (any version)
Windows users can also use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Bandwidth - 256Kbps (512Kbps recommended)
Some networks, especially those that use a proxy server, may encounter difficulty connecting to our Webinar software. If this is your first Poynter NewsU Webinar, please test your connection.