- This Webinar was originally broadcast on:
- November 09, 2010 Enroll Now
- Watch and listen to the original one-hour Webinar in its entirety. This Webinar recording features the full presentation led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty including Q&A from the audience and resources from the presenter.
- Intro to Digital Ad Sales
- Originally Broadcast On:
- November 09, 2010
- Time Estimate:
- One hour for the main presentation and questions. Sometimes presenters stay longer to answer additional questions from participants.
Buy this Webinar for $34.95 or buy the entire Digital Ad Sales Series here for $99.
In this virtual classroom, participants can join in a seminar led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty. This screencast includes live audio and a slideshow presentation in which participants can post questions and respond to poll questions posed by the host.
You need more than content to run a successful site. You need to generate advertising revenue. This Webinar will cover the basics of digital sales and give you an overview of the advertising landscape. You'll see what's working (and what's not) as well as trends and predictions for multimedia sales.
This Webinar is part of a series on Bridging the Gap Between Content and Commerce: Digital Ad Sales Series. Other in this series are:
Creating a Passive Sales Process: Develop an effective, do-it-yourself sales program.
Creating a Proactive Sales Process: What you need to know about hiring the right people and to develop an agressive program.
The Local/Direct Digital Sales Process: Techniques to find and keep more advertisers.
You can purchase each Webinar individually for $34.95 or buy the entire series here for $99.
What Will I Learn:
- Audience demographics, trends and predictions
- Current spending trends
- Advertiser spending levels
- Local and national traditional media results
- Social networking and search marketing beyond Facebook and Google AdWords
Who Should Take this Course:
Those in the editorial and business sides of news organizations who want to learn more about the relationship between content and revenue, as well as media entrepreneurs who want to build successful and profitable sites.
Mike Blinder is president of the Blinder Group, Inc., a Florida-based firm that trains traditional sales people on how to embrace new concepts in selling media. The company's goal is to assist in maximizing sales for clients through effective sales training/revenue generation programs. Among the company's more than 350 clients are Gannett, Media General, CanWest, Canada's Globe and Mail, The New York Times Company and Hindu Times.
This Webinar contains audio. Please make sure you've got your headphones and speakers adjusted.
For the best experience, we suggest that:
- PC users use Internet Explorer or Netscape/Mozilla/Firefox
- Mac users use Netscape/Mozilla/Firefox or Safari
- You set your monitor resolution to 1024 x 768 or higher
- You use a high-speed connection