- This Webinar was originally broadcast on:
- April 10, 2013 Enroll Now
- Watch and listen to the original one-hour Webinar in its entirety. This Webinar recording features the full presentation led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty including Q&A from the audience and resources from the presenter.
- Content Curation and Creation with Spundge: A Digital Tools Tutorial
- This $29.95 Webinar is free thanks to the support of the American Press Institute and Knight Foundation.
- Originally Broadcast On:
- April 10, 2013
- Time Estimate:
- One hour for the main presentation and questions. Sometimes presenters stay longer to answer additional questions from participants.
In this virtual classroom, participants can join in a seminar led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty. This screencast includes live audio and a slideshow presentation in which participants can post questions and respond to poll questions posed by the host.
Spundge is a curation and publishing platform used by journalists at Digital First Media, Quartz, National Journal, the Vancouver Sun, and other news outlets. They use it to easily track news and topics, and to quickly discover and curate content from social networks and other sources.
Once gathered using Spundge, tweets, YouTube videos, SoundCloud clips and other content can be easily dragged and dropped into place to build a story that can be published on any CMS, sent as an email newsletter, and promoted to Twitter and Facebook — all in one shot.
Spundge makes editorial workflow faster and more collaborative.
This training event is part of a series on digital tools in partnership with the American Press Institute and The Poynter Institute, funded by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.
You can also see more tools in the Digital Tools Catalog.
Quick Start Guide
What Will I Learn:
- How Spundge can help you save time by tracking RSS feeds and social networks all in one place, with lots of useful filters
- Ways to increase newsroom collaboration and knowledge sharing that will save time and reduce duplication of tasks
- How to use content curated in Spundge to quickly create blog posts, email newsletters and articles that can instantly be published on any website, with full SEO value
- How other newsrooms and organizations are using Spundge
Who Should Take this Course:
Journalists, bloggers, editors, managers, producers and anyone who wants to curate content, research stories and share with colleagues more effectively.
This Webinar contains audio. Please adjust your headphones or speakers.
We strongly suggest viewing our Webinars with a wired connection.
- Flash Player - Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 or higher
- Browsers - Mozilla Firefox 2 or higher; Safari 2 or higher; Google Chrome (any version)
Windows users can also use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Bandwidth - 256Kbps (512Kbps recommended)
Some networks, especially those that use a proxy server, may encounter difficulty connecting to our Webinar software. If this is your first Poynter NewsU Webinar, please test your connection.
You can watch our Live Webinars on your iPad with a free Adobe Connect app. To watch Webinar replays, your iPad must be able to view Flash media players. The Live Webinar experience on your iPad is very similar to watching it from your computer. You can watch the video, follow the presentation, respond to polling questions, ask the presenter questions and participate in any discussion forums.
Download the free Adobe Connect app from iTunes here. To access the live event, click on the "Join Live Event Now" button on the Webinar landing page. The virtual room will automatically load.
To watch the replay from your iPad, you'll have use a different app from Live Webinars. Browse and download an app from iTunes that allows your device to view a Flash video player. There are multiple apps to choose from, some are free with ads and there are others for purchase.