- This Webinar was originally broadcast on:
- May 16, 2012 Enroll Now
- Watch and listen to the original one-hour Webinar in its entirety. This Webinar recording features the full presentation led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty including Q&A from the audience and resources from the presenter.
- Facebook for Reporting and Storytelling
- Originally Broadcast On:
- May 16, 2012
- Time Estimate:
- One hour and 15 minutes
You can purchase individual Webinars in this series or you can purchase a Webinar Pass giving you discounts on five or all eight Webinars.
In this virtual classroom, participants can join in a seminar led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty. This screencast includes live audio and a slideshow presentation in which participants can post questions and respond to poll questions posed by the host.
Be a better reporter with Facebook. In this Webinar, you'll learn how to use Facebook tools that can help you develop story ideas and research sources. You'll also see how you can search Facebook for information as well as use the platform for effective and targeted distribution.
What Will I Learn:
- How to using Facebook Search to track sources
- How to use Pages and Profiles for distribution
- Facebook Do’s and Don’ts
- Innovative storytelling techniques for social media
Who Should Take this Course:
Reporters and others looking for more ways to develop and research stories.
Vadim Lavrusik is the journalist program manager at Facebook. He also is an adjunct professor teaching social media at the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism. Prior to Facebook, he worked as the community manager and social media strategist at Mashable.com and founder of the Community Managers Meetup.
This Webinar contains audio. Please adjust your headphones or speakers.
We strongly suggest viewing our Webinars with a wired connection.
- Flash Player - Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 or higher
- Browsers - Mozilla Firefox 2 or higher; Safari 2 or higher; Google Chrome (any version)
Windows users can also use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Bandwidth - 256Kbps (512Kbps recommended)
Some networks, especially those that use a proxy server, may encounter difficulty connecting to our Webinar software. If this is your first Poynter NewsU Webinar, please test your connection.