- This Webinar was originally broadcast on:
- May 19, 2011 Enroll Now
- Watch and listen to the original one-hour Webinar in its entirety. This Webinar recording features the full presentation led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty including Q&A from the audience and resources from the presenter.
- The Local/Direct Digital Sales Process
- Originally Broadcast On:
- May 19, 2011
- Time Estimate:
- One hour for the main presentation and questions. Sometimes presenters stay longer to answer additional questions from participants.
Buy this Webinar for $34.95 or buy the entire Digital Ad Sales Series here for $99.
In this virtual classroom, participants can join in a seminar led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty. This screencast includes live audio and a slideshow presentation in which participants can post questions and respond to poll questions posed by the host.
Please note new time for this event
Regardless of your sales process, you still need to close the deal with potential advertisers. Learn how to get in front of the right people, find new customers and how to get the critical information that will close the deal.
This Webinar is part of a series on Bridging the Gap Between Content and Commerce: Digital Ad Sales Series. Other in this series are:
Intro to Digital Ad Sales: What's working, what's not and what's ahead in turning content into revenue.
Creating a Passive Sales Process: Develop an effective, do-it-yourself sales program.
Creating a Proactive Sales Process: What you need to know about hiring the right people and to develop an agressive program.
You can purchase each Webinar individually for $34.95 or buy the entire series here for $99.
What Will I Learn:
- How to how to get in front of the right people and establish appointments
- How to build customer rapport
- How to uncover customer needs and make an effective needs analysis
- How to make an effective presentation
- How to close more effectively and for more dollars
Who Should Take this Course:
Those in the editorial and business sides of news organizations who want to learn more about the relationship between content and revenue, as well as media entrepreneurs who want to build successful and profitable sites.
Mike Blinder is president of the Blinder Group, Inc., a Florida-based firm that trains traditional sales people on how to embrace new concepts in selling media. The company's goal is to assist in maximizing sales for clients through effective sales training/revenue generation programs. Among the company's more than 350 clients are Gannett, Media General, CanWest, Canada's Globe and Mail, The New York Times Company and Hindu Times.
This Webinar contains audio. Please adjust your headphones or speakers.
We strongly suggest viewing our Webinars with a wired connection.
- Flash Player - Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 or higher
- Browsers - Mozilla Firefox 2 or higher; Safari 2 or higher; Google Chrome (any version)
Windows users can also use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Bandwidth - 256Kbps (512Kbps recommended)
Some networks, especially those that use a proxy server, my encounter difficulty connecting to our Webinar software. If this is your first Poynter NewsU Webinar, please test your connection.