- This Webinar was originally broadcast on:
- September 13, 2012 Enroll Now
- Watch and listen to the original one-hour Webinar in its entirety. This Webinar recording features the full presentation led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty including Q&A from the audience and resources from the presenter.
- The Craft of Multimedia Journalism
- Originally Broadcast On:
- September 13, 2012
- Time Estimate:
- One hour for the main presentation and questions. Sometimes presenters stay longer to answer additional questions from participants.
You can buy individual Webinars in this series or you can purchase the entire series of five Essential Skills for the Digital Journalist for just $119.95.
In this virtual classroom, participants can join in a seminar led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty. This screencast includes live audio and a slideshow presentation in which participants can post questions and respond to poll questions posed by the host.
Which digital platform is best for the story you want to tell? In this one-hour Webinar with Poynter's multimedia specialist, Regina McCombs, you'll learn the strengths and limits of various digital forms and how to pick the best medium for your story.
Whether you're using mobile devices, tablets, website or social media to build your story, you'll learn how to put it all together in ways that engage your online audience.
This Webinar is part of the Essential Skills for the Digital Journalist Webinar Series. Learn more about the entire series of five Webinars and how to get a discount when you buy the entire package.
Who Should Take this Course:
Anyone making the transition into digital storytelling. This includes journalists in print and broadcast newsrooms, entrepreneurs, freelancers, bloggers and educators who need to become familiar with these skills.
She previously was the senior producer for multimedia at StarTribune.com and a field producer and photographer at KARE-TV in Minneapolis-St. Paul. Winner of numerous Best of Photojournalism and Pictures of the Year International awards for multimedia storytelling, as well as an Emmy for her video work, she has spoken regularly around the country about how to find new ways to tell stories on the Web and mobile platforms.
This Webinar contains audio. Please adjust your headphones or speakers.
We strongly suggest viewing our Webinars with a wired connection.
- Flash Player - Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 or higher
- Browsers - Mozilla Firefox 2 or higher; Safari 2 or higher; Google Chrome (any version)
Windows users can also use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Bandwidth - 256Kbps (512Kbps recommended)
Some networks, especially those that use a proxy server, may encounter difficulty connecting to our Webinar software. If this is your first Poynter NewsU Webinar, please test your connection.