- This Webinar was originally broadcast on:
- May 24, 2012 Enroll Now
- Watch and listen to the original one-hour Webinar in its entirety. This Webinar recording features the full presentation led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty including Q&A from the audience and resources from the presenter.
- Social Media In the Classroom
- Originally Broadcast On:
- May 24, 2012
- Time Estimate:
- One hour and 15 minutes
In this virtual classroom, participants can join in a seminar led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty. This screencast includes live audio and a slideshow presentation in which participants can post questions and respond to poll questions posed by the host.
Social media is everywhere, so why not your classroom? Boost your students' learning with different social media tools. This Webinar will show you how to take everyday social experiences and make them powerful additions to your students’ learning.
What Will I Learn:
- Why social media is important in a learning environment
- How a social experience can enhance learning for students
- Why it’s worth taking the risk in the classroom
- Examples that have worked in the classroom
- The future of the social classroom
Who Should Take this Course:
Journalism educators interested in enhancing their classrooms with social media.
Jen Lee Reeves is passionate about social media and advocacy. In the journalism world, she manages KOMU 8's online properties and teaches new media at the Missouri School of Journalism. She was a member of the inaugural class of the Reynolds Journalism Institute Fellowship in 2008-09. She helped found her local Social Media Club and is currently Vice President. Reeves speaks on the power of social media in business, journalism and the higher education world.
This Webinar contains audio. Please adjust your headphones or speakers.
We strongly suggest viewing our Webinars with a wired connection.
- Flash Player - Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 or higher
- Browsers - Mozilla Firefox 2 or higher; Safari 2 or higher; Google Chrome (any version)
Windows users can also use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Bandwidth - 256Kbps (512Kbps recommended)
Some networks, especially those that use a proxy server, may encounter difficulty connecting to our Webinar software. If this is your first Poynter NewsU Webinar, please test your connection.