How will the issues of the 2012 elections play out in 2013 and beyond? We've gathered these e-learning courses and resources from Poynter's News University and Poynter.org to give you background, perspective, tips, sources and story ideas for covering these important stories:
* Medicare Reform: Reporting Past the Rhetoric, an on-demand Webinar replay
* Covering Your Local Economy, article on Poynter.org by Al Tompkins
* Covering the Impact of the Economic Crisis on American Families, gathered from a Specialized Reporting Institute, funded by the Robert R. McCormick Foundation
* Covering Mental Health Issues and the Recession, an on-demand Webinar replay
* Getting Ahead of the Food Price Story, an on-demand Webinar replay
* How to Interview, Report on Immigrants When You Don’t Speak Their Language, article on Poynter.org
* Handling Race and Ethnicity, a self-directed e-learning course
* Resources for Reporting on Globalization, gathered from a Specialized Reporting Institute, funded by the Robert R. McCormick Foundation
* Giving Local Stories a Global Context, Webinar replay at Poynter's NewsU
* 5 Ways Journalists Can Localize Global Issues, article on Poynter.org
See more Reporting Resources from social protest movements to covering veterans issues and more.
Looking for help on other topics? See our complete list of e-learning courses.