The American Association for Public Opinion Research (AAPOR) is the leading professional organization of public opinion and survey research professionals in the U.S., with members from academia, media, government, the non-profit sector and private industry.
AAPOR members embrace the principle that public opinion research is essential to a healthy democracy, providing information crucial to informed policymaking and giving voice to the nation's beliefs, attitudes and desires. The association promotes a better public understanding of this role, as well as the sound and ethical conduct and use of public opinion research.
- Provides educational opportunities in survey research for experienced and beginning researchers, journalists and others
- Encourages researchers to adopt and promote high professional standards
- Develops information for the media and public about how surveys are conducted, how to interpret them and how to judge their value
- Produces resources on a range of survey and polling issues
- Publishes the authoritative and influential peer-reviewed journal Public Opinion Quarterly
- Publishes Survey Practice, an online journal for survey practitioners