- This Webinar was originally broadcast on:
- January 29, 2015 Enroll Now
- Watch and listen to the original one-hour Webinar in its entirety. This Webinar recording features the full presentation led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty including Q&A from the audience and resources from the presenter.
- You are What You Tweet: How to Engage with Your Readers on Twitter
- Originally Broadcast On:
- January 29, 2015
- Time Estimate:
- One hour for the main presentation and questions. Sometimes presenters stay longer to answer additional questions from participants.
In this virtual classroom, participants can join in a seminar led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty. This screencast includes live audio and a slideshow presentation in which participants can post questions and respond to poll questions posed by the host.
Twitter users are constantly sharing news in real-time on the platform. How can you make your stories travel further and faster? Learn 10 expert ways to boost your engagement and increase your audience on Twitter.
What Will I Learn:
- How to discover sources and breaking news on Twitter
- The secret sauce behind trending topics
- The types of tweets users are most likely to engage with
- Twitter tools that can help you tweet more efficiently
- Audience data you can tap into now
Who Should Take this Course:
Reporters, editors, producers and anyone who wants to take their tweeting to the next level.
Mark S. Luckie is a multi-platform journalist and editor, founder of the digital journalism blog 10,000 Words, and author of The Digital Journalist's Handbook. He is currently the Creative Content Manager for Journalism at Twitter. Luckie has produced multimedia and interactive stories for the Center for Investigative Reporting, Entertainment Weekly, The Los Angeles Times, The Contra Costa Times, and is a former crime and justice reporter for The Daytona Beach News-Journal.
This Webinar contains audio. Please adjust your headphones or speakers.
We strongly suggest viewing our Webinars with a wired connection.
- Flash Player - Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 or higher
- Browsers - Mozilla Firefox 2 or higher; Safari 2 or higher; Google Chrome (any version)
Windows users can also use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Bandwidth - 256Kbps (512Kbps recommended)
Some networks, especially those that use a proxy server, may encounter difficulty connecting to our Webinar software. If this is your first Poynter NewsU Webinar, please test your connection.
You can watch our Live Webinars on your iPad with a free Adobe Connect app. To watch Webinar replays, your iPad must be able to view Flash media players. The Live Webinar experience on your iPad is very similar to watching it from your computer. You can watch the video, follow the presentation, respond to polling questions, ask the presenter questions and participate in any discussion forums.
Download the free Adobe Connect app from iTunes here. To access the live event, click on the "Join Live Event Now" button on the Webinar landing page. The virtual room will automatically load.
To watch the replay from your iPad, you'll have use a different app from Live Webinars. Browse and download an app from iTunes that allows your device to view a Flash video player. There are multiple apps to choose from, some are free with ads and there are others for purchase.