- This Webinar was originally broadcast on:
- July 12, 2012 Enroll Now
- Watch and listen to the original one-hour Webinar in its entirety. This Webinar recording features the full presentation led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty including Q&A from the audience and resources from the presenter.
- Build Your First Twitter Application
- Originally Broadcast On:
- July 12, 2012
- Time Estimate:
- One hour for the main presentation and questions. Sometimes presenters stay longer to answer additional questions from participants.
This Webinar is $9.95 for members of ONA. For registration instructions and the ONA member promotion code, visit the Discounts page.
In this virtual classroom, participants can join in a seminar led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty. This screencast includes live audio and a slideshow presentation in which participants can post questions and respond to poll questions posed by the host.
Ready to move beyond using run-of-the-mill widgets available online and expand your use of APIs?
This Webinar is for journalists, developers and others who have at least a working knowledge of HTML and have used Twitter widgets available online. If you want to learn the basics of APIs, Poynter's NewsU also offers an introductory Webinar, Programming for Non-Geeks: The Basics of Using APIs.
What Will I Learn:
- Understand how to use Twitter API and tweet data object
- Run a Web page with your own Twitter search
- Plot basic geodata in a Google map
- Build a simple Twitter application to add to your Web page
Who Should Take this Course:
Online producers, designers, developers and anyone who wants to include social media to stories.
Katharine Jarmul is vice president of technology at Pop-Up Pantry, a foodie start-up delivering gourmet meals to your home. She worked as lead developer at Loud3r, a content-curation start-up based in Los Angeles. She spent four years at The Washington Post and USA TODAY building applications as part of several open-source teams, primarily utilizing Python and Django.
This Webinar contains audio. Please adjust your headphones or speakers.
We strongly suggest viewing our Webinars with a wired connection.
- Flash Player - Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 or higher
- Browsers - Mozilla Firefox 2 or higher; Safari 2 or higher; Google Chrome (any version)
Windows users can also use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Bandwidth - 256Kbps (512Kbps recommended)
Some networks, especially those that use a proxy server, may encounter difficulty connecting to our Webinar software. If this is your first Poynter NewsU Webinar, please test your connection.