- Watch and listen to the original one-hour Webinar in its entirety. This Webinar recording features the full presentation led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty including Q&A from the audience and resources from the presenter.
- Developing a Mobile Site: Tips and Techniques (Private)
- Originally Broadcast On:
- January 01, 1970
- Time Estimate:
- One hour
In this virtual classroom, participants can join in a seminar led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty. This screencast includes live audio and a slideshow presentation in which participants can post questions and respond to poll questions posed by the host.
Your users are mobile. More people have mobile phones than computers. And iPhones and other smartphones are poised to overtake computers as the primary way to get and send information. Make sure your website is ready for this growing audience.
There's no one-size-fits-all approach to building or optimizing your site for the mobile web. Learn about different strategies and processes you can use in deciding what will work for you. We won't be talking about code, but will discuss the technology behind the choices you might make.
What Will I Learn:
- What development strategy makes sense for different types of sites and applications
- How to leverage existing skills to develop for the mobile
- Simple changes that can have a big impact on your site
Who Should Take this Course:
This Webinar is for newsroom leaders and others who are directing their organization's mobile strategy and supervise developers. It's also for independent journalists considering their own mobile strategy and for educators who want to learn more about mobile and native web apps.
Dave Stanton is the Technology Fellow at The Poynter Institute. His current post is a combination of code wrangling for internal projects and developing tools to help journalists. He began working with Poynter for the EyeTrack07 study and continues to focus on news-reading behavior and cognition across platforms. He hopes to provide content producers with reliable tools and metrics to guide information gathering, production and transmission across platforms in order to optimize newsroom asset allocation.
This Webinar contains audio. Please adjust your headphones or speakers.
We strongly suggest viewing our Webinars with a wired connection.
- Flash Player - Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 or higher
- Browsers - Mozilla Firefox 2 or higher; Safari 2 or higher; Google Chrome (any version)
Windows users can also use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Bandwidth - 256Kbps (512Kbps recommended)
Some networks, especially those that use a proxy server, my encounter difficulty connecting to our Webinar software. If this is your first Poynter NewsU Webinar, please test your connection.