- Poynter-CNHI Reporting and Writing Certificate
- Certificate Program
This certificate is only for the employees of CNHI. Please wait for an email with the promo code to enroll for free. This program includes all the courses, plus the assessments that let your earn your certificate in writing and reporting.
About Certificate Programs
Certificates of proficiency are designed to measure your knowledge of essential skills or information. To receive a certificate, take the NewsU courses associated with that certificate program and then successfully complete the online assessment for each course. Once you've passed all the assessments, you will receive your certificate from Poynter's NewsU.
Telling compelling journalism stories requires more than curiosity and writing skill. You need to engage an audience, hold their attention and provide meaningful information they can use. The interactive courses and on-demand video replays in this series will show you the ropes, point you to the right resources and help you formulate the questions you most need answered. When you're done, you will have a solid understanding of what it takes to build tell compelling stories about what is working to solve problems facing communities like yours.
Courses included in this package
NOTE: Enroll in the course pack by clicking on the blue Enroll Now button and not in these courses separately. (Please note: Enrolling in the courses separately will not count toward the certificate.)
- Clarity is Key: Making Writing Clean and Concise
- Fundamentals of editing
- Introduction to Investigative Reporting
- Getting It Right: Accuracy and Verification in the Digital Age
- Tools for Mobile Journalism 2016
- Solutions Journalism: Covering What Works, Without The Fluff
Complete each of the courses in this certificate program, then take the assessments for each one. A separate assessment covers the content from each course. You'll have three chances to pass each assessment.
Unlike traditional quizzes and activities from Poynter's NewsU, these assessments won't tell you the answers. So make sure you study hard when you take the courses.
Who Benefits From This Certificate:
This certificate is only for the employees of CNHI.
How Certificates Work:
- Each assessment contains about 15-20 multiple-choice and true-false questions
- You must score at least 80 percent to pass each assessment
- You'll get three chances to pass each assessment
- You'll have 30 minutes to complete each assessment
- When you pass all the assessments, you will receive your certificate