- This Webinar was originally broadcast on:
- September 26, 2013 Enroll Now
- Watch and listen to the original one-hour Webinar in its entirety. This Webinar recording features the full presentation led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty including Q&A from the audience and resources from the presenter.
- Elevate Social Media Storytelling with RebelMouse: A Digital Tools Tutorial
- This $29.95 Webinar is free thanks to the support of the American Press Institute and Knight Foundation.
- Originally Broadcast On:
- September 26, 2013
- Time Estimate:
- One hour for the main presentation and questions. Sometimes presenters stay longer to answer additional questions from participants.
In this virtual classroom, participants can join in a seminar led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty. This screencast includes live audio and a slideshow presentation in which participants can post questions and respond to poll questions posed by the host.
RebelMouse is a social web publishing tool that lets you organize your online presence into a social site. You can use it to curate and aggregate breaking news stories, topics, live events and user-generated content. Plus you can embed RebelMouse onto your personal sites or blogs. News organizations can use RebelMouse to cover stories in real time.
RebelMouse can even power your domain. Any RebelMouse site or subpage can be embedded on a news organization's homepage, which can then be toggled to reflect breaking news and live events.
Connect and add posts from several social media networks—including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, Instagram and RSS. RebelMouse is also compatible with several video platforms, too.
This training event is part of a series on digital tools in partnership with the American Press Institute and The Poynter Institute, funded by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.
See more tools in the Digital Tools Catalog.
What Will I Learn:
- How media organizations are using RebelMouse
- How to aggregate and curate social media content on the platform
- How to embed RebelMouse onto a personal or news organization site or blog
- About new features that are in RebelMouse's roadmap
Who Should Take this Course:
Reporters, editors, social media managers and anyone who wants to quickly build a real-time online social presence.
Niketa Patel oversees news partnerships in the U.S. for Twitter and is based in New York City. Previously, she was director of news and content partnerships at RebelMouse and became managing director of RebelMouse’s Media Lab. She focused on key initiatives with an eye toward content creation, audience development and multi-platform products.
Patel has 12 years of experience in digital journalism and audience development at CNN, ABC News, CBS News, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Florida Times-Union and more.
This Webinar contains audio. Please adjust your headphones or speakers.
We strongly suggest viewing our Webinars with a wired connection.
- Flash Player - Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 or higher
- Browsers - Mozilla Firefox 2 or higher; Safari 2 or higher; Google Chrome (any version)
Windows users can also use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Bandwidth - 256Kbps (512Kbps recommended)
Some networks, especially those that use a proxy server, may encounter difficulty connecting to our Webinar software. If this is your first Poynter NewsU Webinar, please test your connection.
You can watch our Live Webinars on your iPad with a free Adobe Connect app. To watch Webinar replays, your iPad must be able to view Flash media players. The Live Webinar experience on your iPad is very similar to watching it from your computer. You can watch the video, follow the presentation, respond to polling questions, ask the presenter questions and participate in any discussion forums.
Download the free Adobe Connect app from iTunes here. To access the live event, click on the "Join Live Event Now" button on the Webinar landing page. The virtual room will automatically load.
To watch the replay from your iPad, you'll have use a different app from Live Webinars. Browse and download an app from iTunes that allows your device to view a Flash video player. There are multiple apps to choose from, some are free with ads and there are others for purchase.