- This Webinar was originally broadcast on:
- November 09, 2012 Enroll Now
- Watch and listen to the original one-hour Webinar in its entirety. This Webinar recording features the full presentation led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty including Q&A from the audience and resources from the presenter.
- Measuring Your Social Media Impact
- Originally Broadcast On:
- November 09, 2012
- Time Estimate:
- One hour and 15 minutes
In this virtual classroom, participants can join in a seminar led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty. This screencast includes live audio and a slideshow presentation in which participants can post questions and respond to poll questions posed by the host.
Is your social media strategy working? How well? A key component to being successful is knowing how to assess your plan. In this Webinar, you'll learn what information you should be measuring, and whether you're getting the most out of the valuable time you're dedicating to social media. With so many analytics tools available, it's important to understand both what to measure and how to measure it.
What Will I Learn:
- Meaningful objectives that will help you measure impact
- How analytics can help you mark success with social media
- Tools and techniques that will help you maximize your social media presence
Who Should Take this Course:
Anyone who needs to understand, analyze and evaluate social media statistics.
Since joining The Poynter Institute in 2007, Ellyn Angelotti Kamke has helped Poynter explore the journalistic values and the legal challenges related to new technologies, especially social media. She also has helped create and develop Poynter’s use of such interactive teaching tools as online chats and podcasts. You can follow her on Twitter at @ellynkamke.
Her current work is focused on the intersection of journalism, technology and the law. She recently graduated from law school at Stetson University College of Law, where she received the Judge Raphael Steinhardt award for character, leadership and service to the community.
This Webinar contains audio. Please adjust your headphones or speakers.
We strongly suggest viewing our Webinars with a wired connection.
- Flash Player - Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 or higher
- Browsers - Mozilla Firefox 2 or higher; Safari 2 or higher; Google Chrome (any version)
Windows users can also use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Bandwidth - 256Kbps (512Kbps recommended)
Some networks, especially those that use a proxy server, may encounter difficulty connecting to our Webinar software. If this is your first Poynter NewsU Webinar, please test your connection.
You can watch our Live Webinars on your iPad with a free Adobe Connect app. To watch Webinar replays, your iPad must be able to view Flash media players.
The Live Webinar experience on your iPad is very similar to watching it from your computer. You can watch the video, follow the presentation, respond to polling questions, ask the presenter questions and participate in any discussion forums.
Download the free Adobe Connect app from iTunes here. To access the live event, click on the "Join Live Event Now" button on the Webinar landing page. The virtual room will automatically load.
To watch the replay from your iPad, you'll have use a different app from Live Webinars. Browse and download an app from iTunes that allows your device to view a Flash video player. There are multiple apps to choose from, some are free with ads and there are others for purchase.