- This Webinar was originally broadcast on:
- September 08, 2011 Enroll Now
- Watch and listen to the original one-hour Webinar in its entirety. This Webinar recording features the full presentation led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty including Q&A from the audience and resources from the presenter.
- Mobile Apps: Expanding Your Reach and Audience
- Originally Broadcast On:
- September 08, 2011
- Time Estimate:
- This Webinar is a special 75 minute presentation. Questions from the audience will be answered through out the session.
This Webinar is $9.95 for members of ONA. For registration instructions and the ONA member promotion code, visit the Discounts page.
In this virtual classroom, participants can join in a seminar led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty. This screencast includes live audio and a slideshow presentation in which participants can post questions and respond to poll questions posed by the host.
Mobile apps are becoming an essential tool for reaching people where and how they choose to connect. Media apps are a perfect fit for both smartphones and tablets.
But what is the difference between mobile websites, mobile apps and mobile platforms? When is each most effective?
Should your organization develop an iPhone app, iPad app, or plan for Android and other devices as well?
This Webinar will address these questions and explore how mobile applications can help you reach your target audience in new, revenue-generating ways.
We will look at the case study of the UpTake mobile app, review current successful media apps and discuss great new ways the mobile apps are poised to change how media outlets do business.
What Will I Learn:
We will touch on the issues and solutions around each part of the development cycle:
- Strategy and concept refinement
- Planning and designing
- Build and deployment
Who Should Take this Course:
Anyone managing or creating a mobile app strategy.
Lynn Smith is a mobile strategist and founder of Shiny New App, a mobile app strategy and development agency based in Minneapolis. She believes that great user experience is the key to great and successful software. Shiny New App has several apps in the Apple Store, Android Market and deployed internally at companies such as Dow Jones, Best Buy and The Mayo Clinic.
This Webinar contains audio. Please adjust your headphones or speakers.
We strongly suggest viewing our Webinars with a wired connection.
- Flash Player - Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 or higher
- Browsers - Mozilla Firefox 2 or higher; Safari 2 or higher; Google Chrome (any version)
Windows users can also use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Bandwidth - 256Kbps (512Kbps recommended)
Some networks, especially those that use a proxy server, may encounter difficulty connecting to our Webinar software. If this is your first Poynter NewsU Webinar, please test your connection.