- This Webinar was originally broadcast on:
- March 24, 2011 Enroll Now
- Watch and listen to the original one-hour Webinar in its entirety. This Webinar recording features the full presentation led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty including Q&A from the audience and resources from the presenter.
- Creating a Proactive Sales Process
- Originally Broadcast On:
- March 24, 2011
- Time Estimate:
- One hour for the main presentation and questions. Sometimes presenters stay longer to answer additional questions from participants.
Buy this Webinar for $34.95 or buy the entire Digital Ad Sales Series here for $99.
In this virtual classroom, participants can join in a seminar led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty. This screencast includes live audio and a slideshow presentation in which participants can post questions and respond to poll questions posed by the host.
Building an effective sales organization doesn’t happen by accident. In this Webinar, learn how to develop your sales team. You'll get guidance on how to manage the process, including how to interview and hire, finding the right compensation model that works for you and your team, and how to mentor your staff.
This Webinar is part of a series on Bridging the Gap Between Content and Commerce: Digital Ad Sales Series. Other in this series are:
Intro to Digital Ad Sales: What's working, what's not and what's ahead in turning content into revenue.
Creating a Passive Sales Process: Develop an effective, do-it-yourself sales program.
The Local/Direct Digital Sales Process: Techniques to find and keep more advertisers.
You can purchase each Webinar individually for $34.95 or buy the entire series here for $99.
What Will I Learn:
- Creating an aggressive sales program
- How to recruit, interview and hire
- Setting realistic expectations for your sales staff
Who Should Take this Course:
Those in the editorial and business sides of news organizations who want to learn more about the relationship between content and revenue, as well as media entrepreneurs who want to build successful and profitable sites.
Mike Blinder is president of the Blinder Group, Inc., a Florida-based firm that trains traditional sales people on how to embrace new concepts in selling media. The company's goal is to assist in maximizing sales for clients through effective sales training/revenue generation programs. Among the company's more than 350 clients are Gannett, Media General, CanWest, Canada's Globe and Mail, The New York Times Company and Hindu Times.
This Webinar contains audio. Please adjust your headphones or speakers.
We strongly suggest viewing our Webinars with a wired connection.
- Flash Player - Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 or higher
- Browsers - Mozilla Firefox 2 or higher; Safari 2 or higher; Google Chrome (any version)
Windows users can also use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Bandwidth - 256Kbps (512Kbps recommended)
Some networks, especially those that use a proxy server, my encounter difficulty connecting to our Webinar software. If this is your first Poynter NewsU Webinar, please test your connection.