- This Webinar was originally broadcast on:
- October 17, 2012 Enroll Now
- Watch and listen to the original one-hour Webinar in its entirety. This Webinar recording features the full presentation led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty including Q&A from the audience and resources from the presenter.
- Medicare Reform: Reporting Past the Rhetoric
- Originally Broadcast On:
- October 17, 2012
- Time Estimate:
- One hour for the main presentation and questions. Sometimes presenters stay longer to answer additional questions from participants.
Thanks to the support of our sponsor, The Medicare NewsGroup, we are able to offer this $29.95 Webinar for just $9.95.
In this virtual classroom, participants can join in a seminar led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty. This screencast includes live audio and a slideshow presentation in which participants can post questions and respond to poll questions posed by the host.
The future of Medicare is on the 2012 presidential election main stage. The real work on reform will happen in 2013 and beyond. Get the background you need to cover various proposals with accuracy and context.
What Will I Learn:
- Prevailing reform options
- How to make accurate comparisons
- Resources that will aid in reporting
- Different sources to deepen your knowledge of the issues
- How to sort through the sound bites and cover new reform plans effectively as they emerge
Who Should Take this Course:
Reporters, freelance writers and bloggers covering the 2012 election or writing about Medicare.
E.J. is an award-winning editor and reporter. Over the last 25 years, he has worked for Gannett news operations around the country, including The Detroit News, The Enquirer in Cincinnati and the Courier-Journal in Louisville. As The Detroit News managing editor, he oversaw an investigative project that was named a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize, and he has spent his career committed to helping journalists improve their craft.
This Webinar contains audio. Please adjust your headphones or speakers.
We strongly suggest viewing our Webinars with a wired connection.
- Flash Player - Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 or higher
- Browsers - Mozilla Firefox 2 or higher; Safari 2 or higher; Google Chrome (any version)
Windows users can also use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Bandwidth - 256Kbps (512Kbps recommended)
Some networks, especially those that use a proxy server, may encounter difficulty connecting to our Webinar software. If this is your first Poynter NewsU Webinar, please test your connection.