- This Webinar was originally broadcast on:
- February 03, 2011 Enroll Now
- Watch and listen to the original one-hour Webinar in its entirety. This Webinar recording features the full presentation led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty including Q&A from the audience and resources from the presenter.
- Reporting on the Euro: What Everyone Needs to Know
- Originally Broadcast On:
- February 03, 2011
- Time Estimate:
- One hour for the main presentation and questions. Sometimes presenters stay longer to answer additional questions from participants.
In this virtual classroom, participants can join in a seminar led by Poynter faculty and visiting faculty. This screencast includes live audio and a slideshow presentation in which participants can post questions and respond to poll questions posed by the host.
The current economic crisis severely threatens several European countries and the existence of the euro, with serious consequences for the U.S. dollar, the global economy and its financial systems.
Learn how the euro crisis affects jobs, foreign investment, imports and exports, and your economy. The Webinar will examine the 12-year-old currency and give you the background you need to report on the current crisis and its potential effects on your community.
What Will I Learn:
- The tools to analyze often conflicting euro data
- The knowledge to report with confidence on euro developments
- A glossary of the key terms you need to understand the euro
- A who’s who of the movers and shakers behind the currency
Who Should Take this Course:
Journalists around the world who want a better understanding of how the euro works, what the future holds and how to report with context for their readers and viewers.
Ann Cahill, Europe correspondent for the Irish Examiner, has been reporting on the euro since its introduction. Based in Brussels, the capital of the European Union, she writes on the developments of the currency and the wider political decisions that have helped create the current crisis.
This Webinar contains audio. Please adjust your headphones or speakers.
We strongly suggest viewing our Webinars with a wired connection.
- Flash Player - Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 or higher
- Browsers - Mozilla Firefox 2 or higher; Safari 2 or higher; Google Chrome (any version)
Windows users can also use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Bandwidth - 256Kbps (512Kbps recommended)
Some networks, especially those that use a proxy server, my encounter difficulty connecting to our Webinar software. If this is your first Poynter NewsU Webinar, please test your connection.