Digital Tool Catalog
Digital tools can make your journalism and your business far more powerful. So we've created this catalog to guide you to the tools that can help you the most. Whether you're reporting and publishing news, engaging with your community, or looking for ways to make your business practices more profitable, we can help.
If you're already using these tools, please add your comments about how you're using them. (Make sure you log in first.) Your feedback can help other newsrooms in their digital transformation.
Have a tool you'd like to share? Simply log in and fill out our submission form. It takes just a couple of minutes, and we'll guide you through the details to share a description of the tool, contact information, screengrabs and more. (A quick note: While we review each upload for appropriate content, we don't edit or warrant the material.)
Want more ideas and digital tools training? We're creating a series of free webinar tutorials:
Digital Tools Tutorials
- Designing Your Story with Canva
- Measuring Online Impact with Chartbeat
- Using DocumentCloud
- Visual Storytelling with Haiku Deck
- Powerful Data Journalism with import.io
- Easy Interactivity with Meograph
- Document Mining with Overview
- Managing Newsroom Data with PANDA
- Build and Monetize Reader Relationships with Parse.ly
- Elevating Social Media Storytelling with RebelMouse
- Data Journalism and Mobile-Ready Visualizations with Silk.co
- Track Legislation and Political Influence with Sunlight Foundation Tools
- Richly Interactive Data Graphics with Tableau Public
- Tell Stories with Data using Tableau Public
- Watch live on Friday, December 2: Build Interactive Data Visualizations with Tableau Public
- Strengthen your Digital Storytelling with TimelineJS, SoundCiteJS and StoryMap
- Effective News Videos with Videolicious
- Mobile Video Storytelling with Videolicious
If you have questions, email us anytime at email@example.com.
The Digital Tools Project is a partnership of the American Press Institute and Poynter, funded by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.