As you've probably heard by now, our web servers in New York City were knocked offline by Superstorm Sandy, but now we're online again. We appreciate your patience while we worked to get NewsU back up and running.
As our way of saying thank you, we're giving you half off any individual course that has a fee, including Webinars, video tutorials and self-directed courses. (This offer doesn't include seminars or packages for which we already offer discounts, such as training packages and the 2012 Social Media series.)
To take advantage of this offer, enter the promo code 12SITEDOWN50 when you check out. It's good until 11:59 p.m. Eastern time Dec. 31.
Choose from more than 250 Webinars, seminar snapshots, video tutorials and self-directed courses in our training library, including:
- Becoming an Entrepreneurial Journalist: From Idea to Implementation, Gain the knowledge and tools you need to launch a content-driven news site
- Political Fact-Checking: Tips and Tricks for the 2012 Election, Learn tips and tricks about political fact-checking from the editor of the Pulitzer Prize-winning website, PolitiFact
- The Art and Science of Editing, Identify when you need to edit something, when you don't and how to explain your changes to others
- The Craft of Multimedia Journalism, Explore the strengths and limits of various digital forms and how to pick the best medium for your story
- Developing Your Social Media Voice, How to find the right tone and how to get the most out of it
The fine print: This offer can be used for just one course. It cannot be combined with other offers. You have to use the code by Dec. 31, 2012, but you will have unlimited access to the course, replay or other training once you enroll. Questions? Just email us at email@example.com.
Thanks again for your patience while power was being restored. And thanks for your support of Poynter's NewsU.
Vicki K. and the NewsU Crew