The Poynter Institute brings together a team of social media experts for this cohesive Webinar training series to help you master social media in your newsroom, classroom and beyond. Some Webinars will breakdown the strengths and strategies of specific platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. Other Webinars will help you understand how to manage social media within your news organization. You'll also learn how to use social media in your reporting, in your teaching and in building a relationship with your community.
Join us for this eight-part Webinar series in 2012. Be inspired by the latest social media concepts. Learn proven ways to enhance your journalism with social media.
Buy a Webinar Pass
We know budgets are tight. So we've created a Webinar Pass to save you money. The more Webinars you buy in this Webinar Series, the more you save.
- Each Webinar is $34.95
- A five-Webinar pass saves you 25 percent.
- Purchase all eight Webinars and save 35 percent.
Even if you missed one of the live events, you can still use your pass to watch the replay. Choose the Webinars you want with the five-Webinar pass.
The Webinar Pass acts like a prepaid card you can use for any Webinars in the Social Media Series. Depending on the pass you buy, you can enroll in five or all eight Webinars in the series.
The 2012 Social Media Webinar Series features:
- Advanced Twitter for Journalism with Erica Anderson, content and programming from Twitter, Replay now available
- Community Engagement and Your News Organization with Joy Mayer, Director of Community Outreach for the Columbia Missourian, Replay now available
- Developing Your Social Media Voice with James Janega from Chicago Tribune, Replay now available
- Effective Social Media for Small Organizations with Kat Powers, former managing editor at Wicked Local, Replay now available
- Facebook for Reporting and Storytelling with Vadim Lavrusik, journalist program manager from Facebook, Replay now available
- Measuring Your Social Media Impact with Ellyn Angelotti from The Poynter Institute, Replay now available
- Social Media in the Classroom with Jen Lee Reeves, new media director from KOMU-TV and educator at the University of Missouri, Replay now available
- Understanding Social Media Tools and Techniques with Jeff Sonderman from The Poynter Institute, Replay now available