- Telling Memorable Video Stories: A Poynter Tutorial Series
- Included in this package:
About Training Packages
Purchase this Training Package to be enrolled in all of its courses.
Purchase this Training Package for $14.85, or purchase any of the individual tutorials for $9.95 each.
What will I learn?
Whether you want to tell stronger video stories, write more clearly in print or hook readers quickly online, there are simple tools you can use right away to engage your audience. In these tutorials, you'll get practical techniques that will make your stories more interesting to a wider variety of readers and viewers.
In these tutorials, Al Tompkins, group leader for broadcast and online at The Poynter Institute, uses a wide range of video examples to guide you through the mechanics that will lead to stronger video stories for any platform.
This series features:
- Find Focus for Your Video Stories: A Poynter Tutorial: The three-word guideline that will give your stories laser-beam focus.
- Five Motivators to Engage Viewers: A Poynter Tutorial: Sure-fire themes to connect your audience with your story.
- Start Your Video Story with a Strong Open: A Poynter Tutorial: Tools to hook your audience with your opening words.
In a video tutorial, Poynter faculty teach tightly focused lessons on key journalism skills. Loaded with practical examples and instruction, each tutorial gives you tools you can put to work for you right away.