- WVU Digital Strategies Workshop: Digital First Training Package
- Included in this package:
- Reporting Across Platforms (Private)
- Writing Headlines for the Web: 2010 Edition $29.95
- Five Steps to Multimedia Storytelling - Original
- Functional Web Design for Today’s News Audiences
- Online Media Law: The Basics for Bloggers and Other Publishers
- Credibility and Social Media in Your News Organization $27.95
- Reporting and Publishing News with Mobile Tools (Private) $29.95
About Training Packages
Purchase this Training Package to be enrolled in all of its courses.
Understand the strategies and workflow for developing and managing an online newsroom. This training package will help you transition to digital publishing and expand your reach to a diverse online audience.
This training package is for participants of the WVU Digital Strategies Workshop. Participants should contact the program administrator for information about enrolling in this package.
WHAT WILL I LEARN
- The different approaches you need to report stories for online, print and broadcast.
- Strategies to increase traffic from search tools and keep those users on your site
- Identify the elements and produce a multimedia story
- Tools to evaluate, plan and create a site design or redesign
- Your legal rights and responsibilities in producing online news
- How to provide credible content on social media platforms
- The latest tools, sites and apps to help you report and publish your content.
This custom training package is for participants of the West Virginia University Digital Strategies Workshop. For information about developing custom training with Poynter NewsU, please contact us at email@example.com.
West Virginia Uncovered Project
The “West Virginia Uncovered” project is the host of the WVU Digital Strategies Workshop and was created to cultivate online innovation and storytelling among the Mountain State’s community newspapers.
P.I. Reed School of Journalism, WVU
The WVU Perley Isaac Reed School of Journalism is a student-centered journalism school that has been graduating mass communications specialists since 1939. The School is known for its innovative course delivery and ability to build community in the classroom and beyond.
West Virginia Press Association
The West Virginia Press Association. was established June 3, 1869, and was re-chartered in 1954 as a non-profit trade association representing the daily and weekly newspapers of West Virginia.